Yo, what’s good fam? Your boy’s here to drop some major knowledge on how to up your game in EA Sports UFC 5 when it comes to throwing them hands & feet. We talkin’ striking, combos, timing, and all that good stuff.
Keepin’ it 100 with Distance Management
First things first… you can’t just throw haymakers & expect to win. You gotta learn to dance if you want to bring that thunder:
- The Practice Mode Grind: Get in there & just move around… feel the vibes, see how your fighter bounces, how they step. Find that sweet spot where those punches & kicks will do the most damage.
- Strikes & Their Ranges: Bro, every strike’s different. For example? Your roundhouse kick has more reach than a jab. So get to know which strike works best from where.
Timing & Precision: Make Every Hit Count
Look, you can throw a million punches, but if they ain’t landing? You’re just wasting energy.
- Wait For It…: Don’t just spam buttons. Wait for your moment, see an opening, and BAM! Strike when the iron’s hot.
- Counter Punching is Your Friend: When your opponent’s getting too comfy, slip their punch & hit ‘em where it hurts. Practice this in training mode till it’s second nature.
Combos: It’s Like a Dance, But With Fists
This ain’t a game of rock-paper-scissors, you gotta be smooth with it.
- Learn Your Fighter’s Special Moves: Every fighter got their own special sauce. Go to your moves list in practice mode & get them combos down.
- Don’t Be Predictable: If you keep throwing the same combo, your opponent’s gonna read you like a book. Mix it up & keep ‘em guessing.
Learn The Controls…
Left Stick: Move your fighter
Y / Triangle: Right punch
X / Square: Left punch
B / Circle: Right leg kick
A / X: Left leg kick
Dodging & Weaving
Right Stick: Move your head to dodge punches
Switching Your Stance
Right Stick Click (R3): Change how you’re standing
D-pad: Taunt your opponent
Special Moves (Hold these buttons)
LB / L1: Technical moves
LT / L2: Aim for the body
RB / R1: Signature moves
Blocking & Catching Kicks
RT / R2: Block high attacks
RT + LT / R2 + L2: Block low or catch a kick (gotta be timed right though!!)
Hooks: Wanna swing big? Press LB + X or Y on Xbox, or L1 + Square or Triangle on PlayStation… That’s your ticket to big looping punches
Uppercuts: Aim for the chin, hit ’em hard with RB + X or Y on Xbox or R1 + Square or Triangle on PlayStation, lift ’em right off their feet, yeah??
Overhands: These bad boys are like your secret weapon, man. Hold down LB and hit X or Y on Xbox or L1 and hit Square or Triangle on PlayStation. That’s how you get the knockout punch, no cap.
Body Kicks: Aim low & hit hard, use LT + A or B on Xbox or L2 + X or Circle on PlayStation, make ’em feel it in their gut
Head Kicks: Go high, aim for the knockout. Press LB + A or B on Xbox or L1 + X or Circle on PlayStation & watch ’em wobble
Body Knees: Get in close, hit ’em in the gut with LT + A or B on Xbox or L2 + X or Circle on PlayStation
Head Knees: Wanna knee ’em in the face? Go for LB + A or B on Xbox or L1 + X or Circle on PlayStation, that’ll really ring their bell
Elbows: And for the real close combat, throw some ‘bows! Hold LB and hit X or Y on Xbox or L1 and hit Square or Triangle on PlayStation… That’s the nasty stuff, trust
Defense Wins Fights
Remember, you ain’t gonna win if you’re just a punching bag. Work on that defense!
- Block & Move: Don’t just stand there! Block high, block low, and use your footwork to get out of danger.
- Head Movement is Crucial: Learn to bob & weave. Make your opponent miss & then make ‘em pay.
Use Your Head, Not Just Your Hands
Fighting’s as much about brains as it is about brawn.
- Study Your Opponent: Pay attention to their patterns. Do they always lead with a jab?? Do they throw the same combo over & over?? Figure them out & exploit their weaknesses.
- Hit the Lab: Spend time in practice mode, work on your combos, your timing, your defense. All of it…