Crafting was, still is, and will be one of the most crucial aspects of any MMORPG. The thrill of combining materials only to discover new and exciting items is one of the greatest selling points of this genre, and the developers have done a great job with Mortal Online 2. The level of detail as far as Crafting goes is both astonishing and overwhelming, and this guide explains the basics of the trade in the simplest way possible. You can also check out our other Mortal Online 2 guides here.
Basic Steps of Crafting:
- Oghmir and Humans are the best choices for crafting classes in Mortal Online 2.
- Oghmirs have higher intelligence and receive special perks related to crafting. With a high intelligence stat, Oghmirs receive attribute skill points to most crafting skills. In short, they have more skill points to dump into Primary skills.
- Humans receive extra gifts that help them with lore and other crafting skills. They also have a solid attribute point spread.
- Mages have high intelligence and are the best class suited for crafting.
- Most mid to late-game crafting materials and books are not available in Haven. You’ll have to seek them out in the world.
Skills and Materials:
- In addition to other materials, every animal and zombie you kill drops carcasses, the most common being the Walking Dead Carcass.
- The carcass is exceptionally heavy in its base form. Butchering the item not only reduces weight, but you also learn a bunch of new skills.
- You can see those skills in your skills menu.
- As you increase the lore, you’ll receive more materials by butchering them.
- You’ll become more efficient at crafting using these skills.
- Butchering items on a Butcher Table give you more items and lore.
- If you butcher the same item on the butcher table, you can get these same items, plus some extra and lore at an accelerated rate.
- You can cook the carcasses through the skills menu if you want more lore.
- You can put the items you get from cutting trees into the Crusher to extract their materials.
Mortal Online 2: Ultimate Guide to Extraction
- If you can afford it, get a Catalyst to increase the yield of your refinement.
- Refinement is percentage-based and varies based on the catalyst you are using. Experiment with different catalysts to find out which oneness gives the most yield when refining.
How to Make Steel in Mortal Online 2
- Some items must be broken down further within the Furnace to become usable. It’s sort of an advanced skill, and you’ll have to learn how to use the Furnace from a Tutor.
- Thermal Appliances is the prerequisite to learning Furnace Operation (Skill that lets you use the Furnace).
- You’ll have to visit the Extraction Librarian to learn all sorts of new skills.
- After learning Furnace Operation, you can use the Extraction Furnace to melt materials down to their base form.
- There are some materials you can’t use because of less Knowledge, so you will have to learn about them first. Keep gathering Lore from books so that you can work with a wider variety of materials.
- For example, you cannot use Blood Ore the first time you discover it in-game because you lack the knowledge. You’ll have to visit the Librarian and learn Material Mineralogy to use the Blood Ore.
- All weapons are not unlocked from Day 1.
- Visit the Librarian to learn about various Weapon Crafting.
- Leveling Weapon Crafting is a grind, so craft low-tier gear as often as you can to raise your level; reading Books is not the most efficient way of skill leveling.
- Crafting a weapon requires various materials. In the case of a sword, you’ll need a core, grip, and head material.
- Different parts serve different purposes, so experiment with them to get a weapon of your choice.
- Craft higher quality weapons by gaining Material Lore in any skill. Weapons crafted at higher skills levels are more powerful and durable.
- Armors like weapons are also craftable.
Mortal Online 2: Melee Fighter Guide: The Best Build for Close Combat