Teammate grades grant you an additional boost in VC at the end of every game, and a higher grade simply means more VC. The easiest way to earn bonuses is to play efficiently and alongside your team. Here are a few strategies you can use to get an A + Teammate grade every time.
HOW TO GET A+ TEAMMATE GRADE EVERY TIME
- Create plays instead of going solo – Avoid dominating the court. Even if you’re playing offense, whenever there is an opening, try to pass the ball instead of scoring straight 3 pointers. Scoring through slightly contested shots or even tough shots won’t net you any teammate grade bonuses. Use your teammates to create plays instead of doing everything all by yourself.
- Learn Playstyle for better synergy – The best way to get an A+ in teammate grade is by helping your team throughout the game. Assisting them with screens is a great way to bump up the grade. Try to memorize the playstyle of each player so that when the time comes, you’ll know when to assist, pass, or take the shot yourself.
- Focus on defense – Remember that over-dribbling causes turnovers, in which case you should immediately run back to defend against the opponents. Defensive moves such as locking, stealing, or even blocking the shot also boost your teammate grade. Even uncontested layups give you a decent amount of grade. As long as you’re in the paint and facing the opponent, you’ll automatically contest the shot by raising your hands.
- Continuous defense – Consecutive defenses grant you some significant bonuses. After the 4th-5th attempt, every time you force an opponent to miss a shot, you increase your grade. It’s a great strategy because the opponents are extremely weak during the beginning of your MyCareer journey.
- Play the passing lane – Even tapping the ball when you’re in the passing lane grants you a bonus grade. Moreover, you’ll also get credit for a steal if your teammate gets the ball. However, committing a personal foul by swiping at the ball will decrease your grade so tread carefully.
- Pass more often – You receive a minor grade bonus when you keep rotating the ball around the court. Well-timed passes also grant you a slight teammate grade bonus. However, it’s only applicable when the pass is caught without any deflections, so keep an eye out for defenders.
- Use Teammate Communications to your advantage – Open the game and go to Features > Coach Settings > Teammate Communications and set it to both Offense and Defense. It’s not very useful on offense, but on defense, the feature is quite useful. For instance, it tells you when to use screens, whether you should go over or under, and even tells you when to switch off-ball or on-ball.
- Longer Quarters are better – Playing longer quarters gives you the opportunity to grind teammate grades. However, it’s a double-edged sword as turnovers will cost you precious grade points.
- Perfect Shot Timing – Perfect shots also grant a decent amount of teammate grades. So, turn Shot timing on and practice getting those greens as often as you can.
NBA 2K23: 6 Tips to Improve Your Shooting Skills
NBA 2K23 Locker Codes for MyTeam & MyCareer
NBA 2K23: Top 5 Tips & Tricks to Get Wins ASAP!