How to Setup a Basic Trade Route to Decrease Transportation Costs
In order to use Depot Trucks, players must have 2 truck depots on the map.
- -Place the first Truck Depot where your producing the goods you wish to transport to market.
- -Place the other Truck Depot close to where the goods will be sold.
- -Dispatch trucks with goods for sale from your farms or factories to the nearby Truck Depot.
- -In the Truck Depot, set up a trade route. This will pull up the trade overview.
- -Click “Add Route” at the top left and select Trucks.
- -Select the Truck Depot the goods from your farms and factories are going to.
- -Click “Add Stop” at the top right and select the Truck Depot close where you wish to sell your goods at.
- -Click on the orange box (Slot Box) and select the product you wish to transport. A red product icon will then appear under the second stop. The goods in red will be dropped off at that stop.
- -In the left column under Truck Routes, press the play icon to start up the route.
- -Now at the second truck depot, select the product being transported on the trade route and dispatch it to the local shop as per normal.
These instructions can be used to generate trade routes with every type of depot vehicle. Just substitute in the desired depot and progress as usual.
There are options to increase the amount of products moved per trip as well as how often trucks depart on that trade route.
- -If you wish to increase the amount of goods each truck will moves, add more goods with the Slot box.
- -If you wish more depot trucks would be deployed, select the route and click the “+” to increase the fleet servicing that route.
- -Depot Trucks can carry different types of good in the same trip, just add the differing goods you wish to transport with the slot box.
- -Players can customized their trade routes by placing extra stops. Products that are red will be dropped off at the indicated stop while Products in black will be kept until later stops.