1) One skill for one character (At the beginning)
2) It is worth having one person in the base in the first days (production + food science)
3) Keep 6 batteries to repair the reactor
4) Spend part of the first day teaching the woodcutter and the scrap collector until they have maxed skills.
5) The grower can wait to max their skill; the walk distance is so short.
6) The grower can get a second skill (gathering); growing is so much quicker than the other tasks.
7) The reactor worker can get a second skill (gathering); the work on the reactor is so much quicker than the other tasks.
8) Don’t upgrade the battery until you have a reactor worker (appears after a time, you don’t start with one) you can’t use it until then.
9) Upgrade the weather station once (mast to the right of the base) it will allow you to see when the bad weather will come and when it will clear. That will allow you to know if you need to send people out for wood even though it is cold.
10) You can keep everyone inside should you need it, just stack them all crafting food. They’ll form a queue. Don’t forget to change back once the need to keep them in is over.