You’ll need to download a ”third-party” software to use cheats/console commands in PSYCHONAUTS 2. It’s called Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker, and it’s a well-known tool that’s been used in several titles. You download and use it at your own risk, just like any other application! Once you have it downloaded and installed you can open up PSYCHONAUTS 2. Go to the UUU program and in the General tab, you need to select a process to inject the DLL into. If you’re using the Xbox Gamepass launcher, you will find it named Maine in the options. It will likely be the top process, but the name could be different if you’re using Steam.
Select the correct process and then hit the Inject DLL option. You will see some popup windows in PSYCHONAUTS 2 that shows that the program has been started and is working. You might want to start a new game if you’re using cheats so you don’t mess up your old one, but it’s up to you. Now that you know this is working and is in a game. Hit the ~ key on the top left of your keyboard underneath Escape.
You can now type in commands in this to make changes to the game. Here’s a list of cheats and commands that you can use:
CHEATS & CONSOLE COMMANDS
- Enable this command before taping a command: EnableCheats
- god – God mode, which means you won’t take any damage.
- sg.PostProcessQuality 0 – Removes the depth of field blurriness on the map.
- timespeed # – Either slow down, speed up or stop time completely. The higher the number the faster time will go in-game, and the lower the number is the slower it will go. If you enter 0 as your speed then it will stop time completely.
- toggledebugcamera – Gives you the ability to fly around in the game as a camera. It’s not great for flying long distances.
- teleport – Use this command to instantly jump to a location where your crosshair is pointing. This is hit and miss sometimes, it appears you have a limit on how far you can teleport.
- pause – Pauses the game. Repeat the command to un-pause.
- kill – Kills your character and takes you back to your spawn point.
- DamageTarget # – Will damage a target for the designated amount of damage.
- stat fps – Toggles displaying FPS on screen
- stat unit – Toggles displaying frame times on screen
- showdebug – Toggles displaying coordinates on the screen