Skál! Are you ready to lead your own Viking village to greatness in the Land of the Vikings survival colony sim game? In this challenging and immersive game, you’ll need to use all of your wisdom and resourcefulness to expand your village into a thriving city. As a wise Jarl, you’ll need to master the art of resource management and navigate the harsh conditions of the Viking world. You’ll also need to guide your fellow Vikings through social conflict and help them work together to achieve your shared goals. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran of colony sim games or a newcomer to the genre, this guide will provide you with the tips and tricks you need to succeed in the Land of the Vikings. So let’s get started, and may the gods be with you on your journey to greatness!
Choose your villagers wisely:
Each villager has 20+ characteristics such as luck, strength, speed, and intelligence that can impact their performance in different jobs. Make sure to provide your villagers with adequate housing and keep them happy, or they may leave your settlement.
Water wells and auto assign:
Water wells are an important element of your town’s infrastructure. Make sure to place water wells throughout your town to ensure good coverage and build your town around them. The auto assign feature can be helpful in keeping your businesses full of workers, but be sure to double check who has been assigned to each job using the ‘Jobs’ tab at the bottom left of the screen.
Comfort and happiness of villagers:
Good houses and wintery clothes are essential to keep your villagers warm and happy. Make sure to build multiple markets and place them near the resources you wish to sell, as this will allow your workers to gather resources faster. Keep an eye on your villagers’ happiness levels, as it could be a sign that they are lacking resources or amenities.
Balance your resources:
It’s important to manage your resources wisely in Land of the Vikings. Make sure to balance your production and consumption of resources, as running out of a certain resource can have negative consequences on your village’s happiness and progress. It’s also a good idea to have a surplus of certain resources in case of unexpected events or challenges.
Earn silver coins and Fame points:
Build a market to earn silver coins, which can be used to buy resources from other settlements and build roads. Spend Fame points at the Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, to unlock new buildings and bonuses as you progress in the game.
Proper building alignment and roads:
Use the ‘Z’ key to rotate structures and the ‘X’ key to align them with adjacent buildings to create straight lines and make it easy to place roads in front of your buildings. Roads are essential for your village’s infrastructure, as they allow your villagers to move around faster and provide a happiness bonus when attached to houses. Use the ‘Q’ and ‘R’ keys to adjust the size of the road. Decorations and lights can also help to increase speed and happiness.
Prepare for random events:
Random events such as earthquakes, lightning strikes, snow blizzards, and cold weather can happen at any time in Land of the Vikings. Make sure to stock up on food and supplies to help your villagers survive these challenges. There are also four seasons and a day and night cycle to consider, so be prepared for the winter season when it arrives.
Misc. Tips & Tricks
- Keep your ships in top condition by turning on the Auto Ship Repair feature. This will ensure that any damaged ships are automatically repaired in the Shipyard, saving you time and resources.
- Make use of the automated job features to save time and streamline your village management. Consider enabling the Auto Worker Assign and Auto Replace Workers features to minimize the time you spend on assigning workers to tasks.
- Don’t forget to visit the newly functional Tavern to keep your Vikings happy. This can be a great way to boost morale and improve productivity in your village.
- Protect your village from potential attacks by building defensive structures like Walls and Watchtowers. These will help you repel invaders and keep your village safe.
- If you do find yourself under attack, consider negotiating a peaceful resolution by offering the attackers what they want. Alternatively, you can choose to fight back and make them regret ever coming to your shores.
We hope these tips will help you successfully build and manage your settlement in Land of the Vikings. Good luck!
TOP 5 New Upcoming Viking Games for 2022 & 2023