This is the way to do it for Nvidia GPUS.
– Turn off Vsync in-game.
– Open the Nvidia control panel (right-click on your desktop).
– Go to Manage 3D settings on the left of the Nvidia window.
– Go to program settings and click on “Add” search for crash bandicoot and add it (the path where the game is located in your steam folder).
– When you’ve selected crash you wanna scroll down in the settings for the program right below where you just added Crash Bandicoot.
– Find the Preferred refresh rate in the middle of that list and change that to “Highest available”.