Quick Tips to Improve
Here’s a few quick miscellaneous tips to help point you in the right direction as you practice and improve at TFT:
1. Use loss streaks to save up 30-50 gold, then start spending.
2. Don’t reroll your shop early in the game. Instead, wait until you have reliable income from interest.
3. You can pivot your composition by selling weaker units and building a new composition around rarer ones you’ve acquired.
4. You can buy units that other players are trying to build in order to make it harder for them to acquire.
5. In the mid game, check the top few players’ compositions to see what you’ll likely be dealing with in the late game.
6. It can be smart to place important ranged carries in the middle of your team, or put some tankier champions next to them to defend them from assassins.
7. If you have some extra gold, buy units from your shop that you may use in the future, then sell them if you don’t end up needing them.
8. In Shared Draft rounds, check for champion synergies, key items and champion rarity. Rare champions or champions with full items are valuable, but it can also be good to pick up an important item component or a champion that fits your team.
9. Sell extra units in order to reach the next interest break point. If you have 49 gold, selling a 1g unit will get you to 50.
10. All items can stack their effects. Two Guardian Angels will revive your unit twice per combat round!
11. If you lose a game, check out the team compositions of the top few players. You might find a new strategy to use for next time.
12. You can intentionally take some damage to give yourself a better chance at a good champion or item in the next Shared Draft phase.