Things are not good. Your helicopter has crashed, most of your crew is dead, and whatever supplies you had aside from a flashlight and a hatchet are in the smoldering remains of your downed helicopter. The island you landed on seems pretty peaceful initially, with rabbits & deer checking out the wreckage from a safe distance. But when night falls things get a little scary…
If it were me, I’d probably just start swimming in one direction until I got too tired, but that’s unfortunately not an option here. You need to find a way to survive on an island that is overrun with mutated human experiments and cannibals, and you’ll need to do that with only the resources you can scrounge up around the island. If you ask me, it’s not an ideal situation.
This is essentially where you find yourself in Endnight Games’ Sons of the Forest, the sequel to their 2014 survival horror adventure. Like its predecessor, finding a way to survive won’t be easy, especially if you play by the rules. If you want to dabble in a little bit of unfair advantage like I do, then you can make use of this handy Sons of the Forest item ID guide. Here we have the item IDs for almost every useful item in the game, which you can spawn in by enabling cheats and typing [additem (Item ID number)] into the developer console (without the brackets).
If you’re curious about how to enable cheats and gain this helpful functionality, then you should check out our previous guide that covers a whole bunch of developer console commands for Sons of the Forest. That’ll set you on the right path, and this guide will help you make progress by poofing whatever items you need into existence. We recommend keeping this guide open in particular, since it has so many ID numbers. No need to memorize all of the ones you’ll need!
All Item IDs in Sons Of The Forest
- Basic Building Tutorial Page: 515
- Bone Maker Blueprint: 549
- Contact Spring Trigger: 514
- Drying Rack Blueprint: 530
- Flashlight Attachment: 378
- Fly Swatter Blueprint: 550
- Holosprings Pamphlet: 509
- Log Plank Quarter 1x: 576
- Log Plank Quarter 2x: 577
- Log Plank Quarter 3x: 578
- Night Vision Goggles: 354
- Printed Grappling Hook: 560
- Small Animal Catcher Blueprint: 551
- Steak and Bacon Bite: 571
- Stick Chair Blueprint: 531
- Tarp Tent Tutorial Page: 516