There are a ton of options in this game, and it takes full advantage of keyboard shortcuts to make your life easier. It’s worth remembering a few of these because it’ll save you the time of having to go through menus constantly.
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
When using Build Mode to change your home:
- Apply a pattern/paint and entire wall or area: Hold down Shift or Alt, respectively.
In Live Mode (When Time is either paused or passing):
- Take a video recording: V
- View different floors of a home: PageUp, PageDown
- Remove all Walls from display: End key.
- Stop Time: ` (next to the 1 key above the QWERTY row) or P
- Advance time twice as fast: 2
- Advance time thrice as fast: 3
- Zoom out to the entire map of your neighborhood: M
The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks: Things Even Pros Won’t Know!