– Try to avoid throwing into double and triple coverage if possible.
– If you see no one open, have your QB scramble and run the ball to gain some yards.
– Save your dirty tricks for 3rd/4th down situations.
– Save dirty tricks for drives at the end of each half (they refresh after each half)
– It’s better to through the ball out of bounds sometimes when the opponent uses a dirty trick that can kill or force a fumble on contact. (You can do this by pressing Triangle or Y button)
– Run out of bounds or dive to avoid getting hit too brutally; you don’t want one of your star players to get killed easily.
– You can hold down the receiver icon pass button to add more power to your pass.
– If the defense has bribed the ref, use your “bribe ref” dirty trick instead of using “kill ref.”
– Try messing around with the bench option in the playbook if you want certain receivers on the field.
– Some teams have an “Attack QB” Dirty Trick. This causes the defense to jump offside and kill the QB. Runaway and try to press the timeout button before they kill you.
– You can use L1 or LB to use a spin move to shed block.
– Use “bribe ref” on opponent’s key drives, like a lead-taking or game-winning drive.
– Remember that your dirty tricks come back after the first half for offense and defense.
– If you have 1 cornerback left on your roster, play the game in the goal line defense formation.
– Use dirty tricks on 3rd/4th down situations, or if in desperation.
– Some Dirty tricks are on a timer.
– Look out for the “bombs away” dirty trick. When playing the AI, you usually get an indication that the ball is a bomb. Usually, the ball is kind of floaty, and the intended receiver tries to avoid the ball.
– Many fields have hazards; when kicking, try to kick the ball into or towards a hazard.
– Field goal points are based on distance. If the field goal distance is in the 30s or less, you will get 3 points. If your field goal distance is in the 40s, you will get 4 points. If you get a 50+ field goal, you will get 5 points.
– Getting a defensive TD on a PAT will give you 6 points instead of 2.