Crash on Launch Issue Fix
The absence of administrative permissions might be the first cause of the game’s crash. Select “Run The Game as Administrator” from the context menu when you right-click on the game. If it doesn’t work, try playing the game from the account with administrator privileges.
Another reason for the game to crash at launch is anti-virus software, such as Windows Defender, which may mistake the game’s exe file for a trojan virus. You may either disable the anti-virus or make an exception in the anti-virus for the game. This will allow you to play the game on your computer.
An out-of-date GPU driver might potentially be the cause of the game’s crash. Simply download and install the most recent version of your drivers.
How do I update the drivers for my graphics card?
- Press Windows + R at the same time.
- Click OK after typing “DxDiag.”
- Select the Display tab once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool has loaded.
- The name and manufacturer of the video card are mentioned in the Device section. In the Driver area, you’ll find the most recent driver version.
To get the most up-to-date driver, go to the manufacturer’s website. Contact the driver manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer manufacturer.
If you feel you fulfill the game’s requirements and that your drivers are up to date, do a file cache integrity check to see if there are any potential issues with the game’s local data.
Instructions on how to achieve this may be found in the stages below:
- Right-click the game in the Library area and choose Properties from the menu.
- Click the Verify integrity of game cache… button on the Local files tab.
- Steam will check the game’s files, which might take a few minutes.
- The Check Window will automatically close after the operation is done.
Black Screen Issue Fix
Fix 1: Switch out of your game, then switch back in
This is the first thing you should try when you have a black screen issue on Boyfriend Dungeon. To do this:
- When your game is running, press the Alt and Tab keys on your keyboard at the same time to switch out of the game.
- Press the Alt and Tab keys on your keyboard at the same time to switch back into your game.
You won’t see the black screen if this works for you. But don’t worry if the problem remains. There are a few more solutions you may try.
Fix 2: Switch to the windowed mode, then switch back to the full-screen mode
A black screen is usually caused by some temporary graphics settings issue. And this can usually be fixed by switching between the windowed and full-screen mode. To do so:
- When your game is running, press the Alt and Enter keys on your keyboard at the same time to go to the windowed mode.
- Press the Alt and Enter keys on your keyboard at the same time to switch back to the full-screen view.
This should fix your black screen issue.