If for some reason you do not want to play the tutorial these are the key mechanics covered:
- You need oxygen to survive.
- Oxygen is produced by shuttles, habitats and oxygenators.
- Interact with objects using [Left Click].
- Tethers are rods crafted in your backpack using 1 Compound, which extend the reach of your oxygen.
- You can mine terrain and resources using your terrain tool, which is equipped by pressing [E] and you can dig using [Left Click].
- If you have a canister in your backpack you can collect soil by digging and use [Alt + Left Click] to build, and [CTRL + Left Click] to flatten ground.
- Picking up enough of a resource will add a unit to your backpack, which you can open with [Q].
- You can craft some items at the bottom of your backpack menu.
- Press [TAB] to open the research catalogue, where you can unlock new items in exchange for ‘Bytes’, which you can find by researching plants and minerals.
- Most objects are made by using printers.
- Machines need power to operate, which can be produced by the habitat and generators, you can connect platforms together by fitting the cables together.
- Generators use 1 Organic as a fuel source.
- Collect organic by digging plants.
- Machines have interfaces accessed by pressing [F] on them.
- Some items can be smelted in the Smelting Furnace.
- Shuttles require thrusters to launch.